Coronavirus: actions taken by the MEGA to reduce the spread of infection
We'd like to announce that the working schedule of the MEGA shopping and entertainment centers will alter.
Due to the fact that the World Health Organization has officially declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, MEGA shopping and entertainment centers have taken preventive measures to reduce the its spread MEGA invested a combined total of 250 million tenge for unprecedented measures aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus.
1. Every shopping and entertainment centers of the MEGA network have adopted the enhanced disinfection protocols. Tables, chairs, escalator handrails, stairs and doors, elevators are disinfected with special disinfecting agents every hour and floors are disinfected every three hours.
2. Shopping and entertainment centers also have hand sanitizers available. In those sanitizers, there is a multifunctional antiseptic agent with a prolonged antimicrobic effect.
3. Shopping and entertainment centers are ventilated on a regular basis and air handling units are disinfected as well. Filtration and ventilation of premises are increased with the use of outside air.
4. Condition of visitors is monitored through the use of thermal cameras at the entrance to the shopping and entertainment center. We hope our visitors understand the reason for the adoption of procedures and preventive measures in our shopping and entertainment centers.
5. Hand sanitizers are also available at the information desks. Medical mask will be bought for the visitors (not more than 1 per person).
6. Management provided recommendations to tenants of the MEGA shopping and entertainment center network as well: to install hand sanitizers for disinfection, conduct sanitizing measures regularly and disinfecting all surfaces in the premises.
7. Written rules of behavior for coronavirus prevention measures for the visitors. Rules strongly recommend to wash hands with soap for the period of 20 seconds at minimum, use a hand sanitizer or antiseptic agents, not to touch handrails, banisters, door handles, elevator buttons, etc., not to touch eyes, nose, and mouth, and abide the rules of respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette: cover your mouth and nose with a napkin or the crook of your arm when coughing or sneezing. On top of that — to leave a public place in case of any fatigue, chilly sensation, snivel or cough, immediately so as not to compromise the health of others.
8. The work schedule of the shopping and entertainment center and tenants has remained unchanged, however public events such as concerts, workshops, etc.- have been canceled. Chaplin Cinemas are closed from March, 14, and children's entertainment centers and playgrounds have suspended their work from March, 15 for the period of two weeks in accordance with the Decree No. 20
MEGA shopping and entertainment center network purchased 23 fixed-mount thermal imaging cameras for the amount of 150 million tenge, as well as 50 handheld thermal imaging cameras, disinfectants, sanitizers and equipment for sterilizing escalator handrails for the amount of 100 million tenge. MEGA invested a combined total of 250 million tenge for unprecedented measures aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus. We take all measures possible in order to ensure the safety of our visitors.